Main Article Content
One of the interesting services businesses, small and medium-sized enterprises which has potential in investing directly in foreign countries is the Thai spa business, which is a business that takes place and plays a role in Thailand's economy. Not long ago, it was recently known in Thailand about 20 years ago or since 1998. Thai spa business has become increasingly popular with the growth of the domestic tourism industry. There are more tourists due to the large number of hotel and resort spa businesses, this increased tourism including health tourism which has an important part of the spa business.
In 2015, the Global Wellness Institute ranked the wellness tourism market of the countries in the Asia Pacific region and found that Thailand has income from tourism, Wellness Tourism at the 4th largest in the region. Then, in 2017 such tourism has a total market value of over 136,500 million baht. In 2016, it is estimated that the size of the spa industry in Thailand is worth up to 16,000 million baht per year and is likely to grow at least 5 percent per year.
The first important objective of foreign direct investment for Thai spa massage business is to expand the market. The main advantage of foreign direct investment in the spa business is to expand the Thai spa market to countries with a large population and populations, having a popularity in spa and having a good financial position. To use the spa service, the People's Republic of China is one of the most interesting markets. Because it is a country with a large population and also the population is increasing in consumption. And there is still a lot of market expansion in many counties with rapid expansion by expanding along with the hotel and resort business. In addition to Chinese people, in large cities, there are also foreign service recipients.
Although China is one of the interesting markets for Thai spa massage business, there are still obstacles to direct investment to many Thai entrepreneurs that should be supported by using legal tools, measures and relevant government agencies. One of the important factors that can solve the problems mentioned above is the policy of the government that promotes and support foreign investment; therefore, the government sector needs to play a significant role in supporting foreign investment in concrete ways.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
The copyright in this website and the material on this website (including without limitation the text, computer code, artwork, photographs, images, music, audio material, video material and audio-visual material on this website) is owned by Chulalongkorn Law Journal and its licensors.
1. Chulalongkorn Law Journal grants to you a worldwide non-exclusive royalty-free revocable license to:
- view this website and the material on this website on a computer or mobile device via a web browser;
- copy and store this website and the material on this website in your web browser cache memory; and
- print pages from this website for your use.
- All articles published by Chulalongkorn Law Journal are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. This permits anyone to copy, redistribute, remix, transmit and adapt the work provided the original work and source is appropriately cited.
2. Chulalongkorn Law Journal does not grant you any other rights in relation to this website or the material on this website. In other words, all other rights are reserved. For the avoidance of doubt, you must not adapt, edit, change, transform, publish, republish, distribute, redistribute, broadcast, rebroadcast or show or play in public this website or the material on this website (in any form or media) without appropriately and conspicuously citing the original work and source or Chulalongkorn Law Journal prior written permission.
3. You may request permission to use the copyright materials on this website by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Chulalongkorn Law Journal takes the protection of its copyright very seriously. If Chulalongkorn Law Journal discovers that you have used its copyright materials in contravention of the license above, Chulalongkorn Law Journal may bring legal proceedings against you seeking monetary damages and an injunction to stop you using those materials. You could also be ordered to pay legal costs.
If you become aware of any use of Chulalongkorn Law Journal's copyright materials that contravenes or may contravene the license above or any material on the website that you believe infringes your or any other person's copyright, please report this by email to email@example.com.