About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The Executive Journal is an academic journal operated by Bangkok University, and have been publishing articles incessantly since 1980, and currently ranked in the first group (GROUP 1) of the Thai-Journal Citation Index Centre (TCI). The scope extends to cover the publication of conceptual papers in social science, humanities, and related interdisciplinary between the said two fields of study as following:
- - anthropology
- - communication and journalism
- - economics, business administration, and management
- - law
- - political science
- - psychology
- - sociology
- - education administration
The journal welcomes the conceptual and research papers produced by faculty members, students, and interested public. The article to be published in the Journal has to introduce innovative concepts or body of knowledge, test on existing theory generated from proper and up-to-date literature review, and propose the emerging conceptual model, methodology and research design which eventually leads to the new body of knowledge for the betterment of the academe and the society.
The submitted paper must not be published previously elsewhere, and the theme of which must abide with the objectives stipulated in the Journal. The submitted paper will pass through the evaluation process conducted by three external readers in a related field. The review process is as following:
- 1. When the author receives an e-mail from the editorial office to acknowledge his/her submission of article, the submission process is hence deemed complete.
- 2. The editorial board will see whether the topic and theme of the article are appropriate and congruent with the stipulated objectives and format of the Journal. Plagiarism and benefits relating to theory and business contribution will also investigated. The submitted paper may be returned to the sender for preliminary revising or, if the aforesaid criteria are not met, rejected.
- 3. In case the said article is forwarded to the selected readers for quality evaluation, the editorial office will notify the author to pay 3,000 Baht as the administration fee.
* The said fee is not refundable in all cases.
- 4. At least two readers in related fields will evaluate the quality of submitted article for publication. The evaluation process is absolutely double-blind peer review.
- 5. The editorial board will make decision for article publication based on the external readers’ evaluation. The said decision are either accepting the article for publication, rejecting it, or resending it back to the sender for further elaborating revision.
- 6. The editorial board will notify the sender once the submitted paper gets approval for publication.
- 7. In case the article was produced from a study or an experiment involving human subjects that might harm their dignity, rights, safety, or well-being, the author shall attach an IRB submission form to acquire the editor’s final approval for publication.
Note: The review process may last for a minimum of 3 months depending on the article quality and revision process.
Executive Journal Policy
- 1. Publication schedule: bi-annually (E-Journal)
First issue: January – June
Second issue: July - December
- 2. Publication categories
Conceptual papers in either Thai or English produced by faculty members, students, or interested public are welcomed (Research Article and Academic Article). The papers must not be formerly accepted for publication in other journals.
- 3. Publication format
The submitted manuscript must be prepared in accordance with the format stipulated by the Journal.
- 4. Evaluation process
The evaluation process is conducted using the double-blind peer review. That is, the submitted manuscript will be evaluated by the editorial boards and two qualified external members in the related field.
- 5. Code of conducts for publication
The manuscript submitted for publication must be the original version, submitted only to this particular journal with no prior acceptance for publication elsewhere in other academic journals. The manuscript must also not violate the copyright issue by means of plagiarism.
- 6. Processing fee 3,000 baht per article
- BANGKOK UNIVERSITY
Sources of Support
- BANGKOK UNIVERSITY
The Executive Journal is an academic journal operated by Bangkok University, have been publishing articles incessantly since 1980, and currently ranked in the first group (Group 1) of the Thai-Journal Citation Index Centre (TCI). The scope extends to cover the publication of conceptual papers in social science, humanities, and related interdisciplinary fields, produced by faculty members, students, and interested public. The paper to be published in the Journal has to reflect theoretical concepts and viewpoints generated from valuable experiences, document synthesis, or research studies. It has to propose innovative theoretical concepts together with crystallized conceptual model, so that further research will be enhanced for advanced studies.