Editor : Waleerat Suphannachart
Applied Economics Journal (AEJ) adheres to the Code of Conduct and Best practice Guidelines for Journal Editors. All ethical misconducts shall be treated seriously in accordance to the COPE guidelines. (http://publicationethics.org/files/Code_of_conduct_for_journal_editors_Mar11.pdf).
The editorial team of AEJ:
- must not disclose any information related to a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding authors, reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial advisors, and the publisher throughout the review process.
- should ensure the quality of the material they publish and be willing to publish corrections clarifications, and apologies when needed.
- should try to prevent misconduct in published and unpublished work related to: plagiarism of other works, data fabrication and/or falsification, manuscripts with duplicate submissions, ghost authors, and citation manipulation. An article corresponding to the aforementioned violations must be withdrawn or retracted from the journal.
- should publish guidance to reviewers on everything that is expected of them. This guidance should be regularly updated and should refer or link to this code.
- must not exploit information obtained from the review process for personal benefit.
The reviewers should:
- maintain confidentiality of all information and documents in the review process and should not use the information obtained from the review process for reviewer’s advantage.
- provide timely and unbiased evaluation on the manuscripts to the editorial office according to the reviewers’ expertise.
- advise the Editors in cases of possible misconduct related to manuscripts that: plagiarize other works, contain data fabrication and/or falsification, contain ghost authors, and contain citation manipulation.
- decline reviewing the manuscript if reviewers realize potential conflicts of interest. Conflicts of interest include competitive, collaborative, or other relationship with any of the authors, companies, or institutions related to the manuscript under review.
The authors should:
- ensure that the submitted manuscript is original work by the authors, with proper citations and sufficient details.
- not plagiarizes other works, contains data fabrication and/or falsification, has duplicate submission, has ghost authors, and contains citation manipulation.
- provide sufficient information of all authors of the manuscript.
- provide proper acknowledgement of research funding and reveal any financial or other interests or connections.
Applied Economics Journal
Center for Applied Economics Research, Faculty of Economics,
Kasetsart University, Bangkok, 10900, Thailand