Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission is free from plagiarism, there is no copyright infringement in the use of content or images, it has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- Before submitting articles to HBDS, authors are responsible to check any requirements or conditions imposed by their employing/affiliated institutions that might preclude publication in HBDS.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format, and does not contain editorial controls of any kind.
- The submitted manuscript is from 8-12 pages in length.
- The text is single-spaced; uses an 11-point Calibri font; employs italics, rather than underlining (do not underline URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points after the item is mentioned in the text, rather than at the end.
- References adhere to the American Psychological Association’s guidelines (7th ed.) and, where available, DOI or URLs for the references have been provided (begin with http:// or https://).
- The text adheres to the Author’s Guidelines stylistic and bibliographic requirements.
- I have read the duties of authors section under the publication ethics statement and agree to abide by them.
- If an author wishes to withdraw an article before the peer review process begins, the editorial team must be informed as soon as possible in writing. If a manuscript is withdrawn during or after peer review, the author must be responsible for any costs incurred, or else future manuscripts from the same author will not be accepted.
Asia-Pacific International University reserves exclusive rights to articles published in Human Behavior, Development and Society following their formal acceptance for publication. The journal has exclusive rights to reproduce and distribute the article in any form or through the use of available media whether electronic or otherwise. The authors retain all proprietary rights other than the copyright, and can use the information provided in their future work.
In submitting work to the journal, the corresponding author declares that the work is original, and that he/she has the power to authorize copyright transfer. In doing so, the corresponding author acts on behalf of any and all co-authors.
A completed and signed copyright transfer form must be submitted after a manuscript has passed the pre-screening process. Download the copyright transfer form: HBDS Copyright Form