Main Article Content
The objectives of this study are to: 1) to survey and analyze the potential for the development of local products to the hospitality market in Chiang Rai province, 2) to develop local product through community participation and community development into the hotel business in Chiang Rai, and 3) to evaluate the products that the community has been developed into the hotel business in Chiang Rai province. This research has been conducted by the concept and theory of the community participation, product development and marketing business with combination of both quantitative and qualitative research. The research tools have been used in this research is divided into two parts.
1) Semi-structured interviews, by collecting data from surveys and interviews to conduct interviews with key informants in the community to analyze the potential of the community and the needs of the community in the development of products aftermost the development of products can sell in the hotel business.
2) The questionnaire for the satisfaction surveys, product development community through the participation of the community in order to develop into the hotel business in Chiang Rai province and to evaluate the products that the community has been developed into the hotel business in Chiang Rai province.
The results revealed that: 1) the survey and analysis of the potential of communities to develop into the hotel business .Thai Industrial Standards Institute (2016) Community survey of Chiang Saen district, this was a survey and analysis of product potential. The product information was taken from Thai Standards Association (TSA). As a certified manufacturer of quality local products in accordance with local products had announced by Thai Industrial Standards Institute. The survey's Empowerment whose products met the needs of customers of the hotel was Fabric products. Therefore researchers was selected Ban Thung Fah Ham textile group and Ban San Tat textile group, Chiang Sean district. Both communities woven silk and silk products have been certified classic Thai silk: Silver peacock by The Queen Sirikit Department of Sericulture, and 2) development local product through community participation and community development into the hotel business in Chiang Rai. The results showed that during the product development community. There were opinions about non-durable packaging as well as usability, and 3) the results for evaluate the products that the community has been developed into the hotel business in Chiang Rai province showed that in case of the quality products has been found satisfaction with the highest average. The results of study into assess the satisfaction of community’s products to the hotel industry. In case of the promotion in marketing and distribution of a product that the tourists have been satisfy to a large extent. Researchers suggests for research in the future, in the process contributing to the development of products to the business community in Chiang Rai province. It needs to be promoted by the government. In the product associated with the business community in the tourism industry. And it might be foster the distribution of income and should promote tourism personnel knowledgeable about the product’s communities thoroughly.
Article Screening Policy
- All research and academic articles to be published must be considered and screened by two peer reviews in the relevant field / article.
- All articles, texts, illustrations and tables published in the journal are the personal opinions of the authors. Editors don't always have to agree. And no responsibility whatsoever is the sole responsibility of the author.
- The articles to be published must never be published. Where did you first publish? And not in the consideration of other journals If the audit found that there has been a duplicate publication It is the sole responsibility of the author.
- Any article that the reader sees as being plagiarized or impersonated without reference. Or mislead the work of the author Please let the journal editor know it will be your greatest blessing.
star hotels in Thailand. To prepare for entering the ASEAN Economic
Community. Siam University.
Chansawang Arpornphan. (1982). Personal Development and Communities. Bangkok:
Faculty of Social Science, Thammasat University.
Chiarakul Tanyamai. (2014). The Problem and the Adaption of OTOP to AEC. Huachiew
Chiang Rai Strategy and Development Cooperation Plan. (2015-2016). The Committee of Chiang Rai Town Hall province.
Cohen, J. and N. T. Uphoff. (1977). Rural Development Participation. Ithaca: Cornell University.
King Prajadhipok’s Institute. (2004). Encyclopedia of Local Govenment, Civil Society and
Local Government Politics and Local Participation. Bangkok: Tammada Press
Lee J.Cary. (1970). Editor. Community Development As A Process. Columbia: University
of Missouri Press.
Phuang-Ngam Khowit. (2002). The community reinforcement. N.p.
Sang-Chei Thanakit. (2007). Tourism and hospitality. Faculty of Science Management. Silapakorn University Petchaburi Campus.
Rapheephat Akin. (1984). Community Participation for Development in Countryside
with Thai Social and Culture Conditions. Bangkok: Center for Health Policy Studies Mahidol University.
Rimphadee Wannapan. (2011). The integrated Marketing Communication for Hotel Business. Bangkok. Suan Dusit Rajhaphat University.
Rodprasert Prachum. (1986). Project Management. Natikul Printing.
Soontorncharaenngen Warunee. (2014). The Creative challenge of product and Hospitality. Thai brand. Amex Team.
Thanyamai Chiarakul. (2014). The Problems and the adaptation of OTOP to AEC. Executive Journal. The Education standard Department. Rajhapaht Instituetional office, Office of Higher.
Education Commision. (2002). The Self learning and community research system. Bangkok. S.R. Printing.