Main Article Content
The purpose of this research was to investigate various attributes of sport tourism destination competitiveness in Thailand. The unit of analysis by using Chonburi, Phuket and Buriram provinces with collected the quantitative data from foreign tourists were 400 samples that attended the Triathlon, Marathon race and Motorcycle race, respectively. The instruments used to collect data with coefficient reliability of .908. Statistical tools were used for analyzing the data using an Exploratory Factor Analysis (EFA) method.
This research found that; the attributes of sport tourism destination competitive that consisting of: 1) tourism attractions 2) sports attractions 3) destination management, and 4) demand condition, respectively. The correlation coefficients were found the attributes 1-4 that 13.869, 13.685, 12.606 and 10.122 percent, respectively. The total weight of the composition 50.281 percent.
Article Screening Policy
- All research and academic articles to be published must be considered and screened by two peer reviews in the relevant field / article.
- All articles, texts, illustrations and tables published in the journal are the personal opinions of the authors. Editors don't always have to agree. And no responsibility whatsoever is the sole responsibility of the author.
- The articles to be published must never be published. Where did you first publish? And not in the consideration of other journals If the audit found that there has been a duplicate publication It is the sole responsibility of the author.
- Any article that the reader sees as being plagiarized or impersonated without reference. Or mislead the work of the author Please let the journal editor know it will be your greatest blessing.
2. Eakawoot, T. (2000). Research Methodology in Behaviours and Social. Ubonrachatani: Rajabhat Ubonrachatani University.
3. Gammon, S. and Robinson, T. (1997). Sport and tourism: A conceptual framework,
Journal of Sport Tourism, 4(3), 8-24.
4. Gibson, H. J. (1998). Sport Tourism: A Critical Analysis of Research', Sport Management Review, 1, 45-76.
5. Hallmamn, K. Muller, S. and Feilerz, S. (2014). Destination competitiveness of winter sport resorts in the Alps: how sport tourists perceive destinations?. Current Issues in Tourism, 2014 17(4), 327–349,
6. Hankinson, G. (2005). Destination brand images: a business tourism perspective.
Journal of Services Marketing, 19(1), 24-32.
7. Hudson, S., Ritchie, B., and Timur, S. (2004). Measuring destination competitiveness:
An empirical study of Canadian ski resorts. Tourism and Hospitality Planning & Development, 1(1), 79-94.
8. Madden, J. R. (2002). The Eonomic Consequences of the Sydney Olympic: The CREA/Arthur Andersen Study. Current Issues in Tourism. 5(1), 7-21.
9. North/South Inter-Parliamentary Association. (2014). Fifth meeting Sports Tourism.
Joint RaISe/L&RS paper – 1 of 2014
10. Porter, M.E. (1999). Michael Porter on competition, Antitrust Bulletin, 44(4): 841–880.Pour,
11. Ritchie, J.R. and Crouch, G.I. (2000). The competitive destination: A sustainability perspective. Tourism Management, 21(1), 1-7.
12. Ritchie, J.R.B. and Crouch, G.I. (2003). The competitive destination: a tourism perspective. Wallingford: CABI Publishing.
13. Ritchie J.B.R.; Crouch, G. and Hudson, S. (2001). Developing operational measures for the components of a Destination competitiveness/sustainability model :
Consumer versus managerial perspectives. Unpublished.
14. Roche, S.; Spake, Deborah F. and Joseph, M. (2013). A model of sporting event Tourism as economic development. Sport, Business and Management : An International Journal. 3(2), 2013, 147-157.
15. Romiti, Anna and Sarti, Daria. (2014). Determinants of Active Sport Tourists’ Satisfaction: The Case of an International Marathon. Proceedings of 3rd European Business Research Conference 4 - 5 September 2014, Sheraton Roma, Rome, Italy
16. Ross, Stephen D. (2001). Developing Sport Tourism. National Laboratory for Tourism and e Commerce. July 2001
17. Sririkanont, R. (2014). Factor Analysis. online: http://www.saruthipong.com/port/document /299-705/299-705-8.pdf
18. Standeven, J. and De Knop, P. (1999). Sport Tourism, Human Kinetics, Champaign,
19. Suwansoon, P. (2015). Reformation Sport in Thailand. Online: http://library2.parliament.go.th.
20. Tourism Authority of Thailand. (2012). The Study potential and Tourist Market Size for Health, Golf, Wedding/Honey moon and Eco Tourism Group. online: http://marketingdatabase.tat.or.th
21. .(2015). Growing Forecast of Interest Special Group.
22. Tourism BC. (2011). Advanced Sport Tourism Workshop .Langley Workshop Report
May 6, 2011. http://www.tca.gov.bc.ca
23. Tubey, Winnie and Tubey, Ruth Jelagat. (2014). Resources and Attractions for Sports Tourism in North Rift Region in Kenya. Journal of Economics and Sustainable Development www.iiste.org ISSN 2222-1700 (Paper) ISSN 2222-2855 (Online) 5(23), 2014
24. Weed, M. (2008), Olympic Tourism. Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann.
25. Wu, Cheng-Lung and Chang, Hsiao-Ming. (2014). Winter Marine Sport Tourism Development Critical Success Factors – Case by Penghu Island Recreation Area in Taiwan. The Journal of International Management Studies, 9(1), February, 2014 issue.