Main Article Content
The restaurant business operation aims to drive competiveness and integrate new service innovation to adjust and promote Phuket as a gastronomy creative city. The synthesized results reveal that restaurant entrepreneurs need to improve working operation so as to adjust with rapid tourism changing situation and a variety of target groups. The food tourist spends their time and budget on the third most popular activities in Phuket. Therefore, to succeed in this concept restaurant entrepreneurs should consider to apply marketing mix concept “8ps” (product, price, place, promotion, people, physical evidence and presentation, process and partnership) and restaurant development that focuses on “PHUKET’s” Products design, Human Resources Development, Uniqueness, Knowledge Management, Environmental Friendly, Technology System, and Stakeholders to support restaurant development to be efficient and sustainable as Phuket’s restaurant business 4.0.
Article Screening Policy
- All research and academic articles to be published must be considered and screened by two peer reviews in the relevant field / article.
- All articles, texts, illustrations and tables published in the journal are the personal opinions of the authors. Editors don't always have to agree. And no responsibility whatsoever is the sole responsibility of the author.
- The articles to be published must never be published. Where did you first publish? And not in the consideration of other journals If the audit found that there has been a duplicate publication It is the sole responsibility of the author.
- Any article that the reader sees as being plagiarized or impersonated without reference. Or mislead the work of the author Please let the journal editor know it will be your greatest blessing.
2. Buddit, A. (2017). Food on the Move. [Online]. Retrieved July 20, 2018, Available from:
http://www.etatjournal.com/web/menu-read-tat/menu-2017/menu-12017/762-12017-food-on-the-move [in Thai]
3. Chayanin, W. (2017). Food Will Keep Us Alive. [Online]. Retrieved July 20, 2018, Available from: http://www.etatjournal.com/mobile/index.php/menu-read-tat/menu-2017/menu-12017/281-1212017-food-alive [in Thai]
4. Chamroen. T., (2016). Phuket: City of Gastronomy. [Online]. Retrieved July 21, 2018, Available from: http://www.phuketcity.go.th/news/detail/1701 [in Thai]
5. Department of Business Development. (2016). Food and Beverage Business. Ministry of Commerce. [Online]. Retrieved July 20, 2018, Available from www.dbd.go.th/dbdweb56/ ewt_dl_link.php?nid=469402239 [in Thai]
6. Department of Business Development. (2017). Commerce set target to push “Food and Beverage Business to 4.0”. Ministry of Commerce. [Online]. Retrieved July 20, 2018, Available from https://www.dbd.go.th/ewt_news.php?nid=469405189&filename=index
7. Drejer, I. (2004). Identifying innovation in survey of services: A Schumpeterian perspective. Research Policy, 33, 551-562.
8. Kasikorn Research Center. (2018). Restaurant Business Value Expected for 2018, Expanding 4-5% ( Current No. 2904). [Online]. Retrieved July 20, 2018, Available from https://www.kasikornresearch.com/th/analysis/k-econ/business/Pages/36839.aspx
9. Kotler, Philip and Keller, L. K. Marketing Management. 15thed. Harlow: United
Kingdom: Pearson Education, 2018.
10. Pannee, S., Benjaporn, D., Chiranut, S., Ladapha, P., Jarinee, S., Shatchaya, D., and Varistha, K., (2016). Gastronomic Tourism. Tourism Economic Review Volume 4 (April-June 2016). [Online]. Retrieved July 21, 2018, Available from: https://mots.go.th/content.php?nid= 7788&filename=index [in Thai]
11. Ployjan. S., (2017). Why Unesco choose Phuket to be gastronomy city and 7 areas for local food with Chinese style. [Online]. Retrieved August 1, 2018, Available from: https://thestandard.co/lifestyle-travel-unesco-good-food-in-phuket/ [in Thai]
12. Usui, M. (2009). Zukai seven-eleven ryu service innovation no joken. Nikkei Business
13. Van Ark, B., Broersma, L. and Den Hertog, P. (2003). Services Innovation, Performance and Policy: A review: on the soft side of innovation: Services innovation and its policy implications. Economist, 151(4), 433.
14. Wasapan, J. (2018). Phuket: City of Gastronomy Board Meeting 1/2018, Prepared for
international networking meeting at Poland. Retrieved August 1, 2018, Available from:
15. World Tourism Organization. (2017), Affiliate Members Report, Volume sixteen – Second Global Report on Gastronomy Tourism, UNWTO, Madrid